No matter how inspired you are, there will be days that your motivation will dwindle. Here are some simple tips that will keep you moving through your day- and help lift your spirit.
- Compliment a friend or coworker.
- Make a list of priorities and cross off all of the things that don’t have to be completed today. Chances are, you will find time for them anyway.
- Think about all the tasks you already completed for the day. Maybe you made someone in your family breakfast, got kids off to school, threw in a load of laundry. By focusing on what you have already accomplished you will feel more motivated to finish what is remaining!
- Call your mom and thank her for all she did for you when you were young. Or, call a friend and thank them for their friendship and support. We all need to hear those words as often as possible.
- Put on some great tunes. See my music list (which will be updated periodically), or find your own motivating songs. I listen to music while I do the dishes and pick up the house. This will keep you moving and focused.
- Talk to yourself. Repeat some positive affirmations in your head like: I am strong. I can do it. Life is great. Positive thoughts can change the course of your day.