Goal setting is an important step in motivating you to turn your ideal into a reality.
- Write your goal down. If you have more than one, write them all down.
- Prioritize your list- this helps you maintain focus on the most important goals.
- Create a master list of what needs to be done to reach your goal. You may need to add or cross off items later.
- From your master list, break down tasks that can be completed in smaller steps. For example, if you want launch a website you might have smaller tasks like: find a web designer, choosing a look and feel, researching sites of a similar genre. These are small steps that you can take when you have “unexpected” free time. These small steps should also be considered as achievements. Feel recharged as you check each item off your list.
- Schedule time on your calendar that you can dedicate to working on your goal. No matter what category your goal falls under (fitness, business relationships), you need to set aside time work on it.
- Revisit your master list often. You may need to tweak it a bit as you start moving towards your goal.
- Remember that the first step is often the hardest. Generally, when people look back on their lives, they regret the things that they DIDN’T do. Embrace life today-no sense in waiting until tomorrow!